WELCOME TO THE WEBSITE "ENJOY THE RIDE". PLEASE FORGIVE US IN ADVANCE IF YOU FIND ENGLISH MISTAKES. WE DID THE TRANSLATION ON OUR OWN TRYING THE BEST WE COULD, BUT WE ARE CONSCIOUS IT IS NOT PERFECT. HOWEVER, WE WISH YOU WOULD UNDERSTAND THE MAIN IDEAS.
"Enjoy the ride" is a website that tempts to travel. Whether it's a day trip or a trip of several days, the discovery of our world is a passion for us.
We are Dom and J.R. (nicknames), two people from the Arcachon Basin, France. Here began our taste for travel, photos and our desire to live life fully! We hope that this website will delight all lovers of life and beautiful landscapes.
Desirous of sharing our experiences, memories and small anecdotes with you, we will discuss our travels through articles, comments and photos. Though this website is about our trips abroad (essentially Eastern Europe, Central Europe, former Yugoslavia, Northern Europe, Brazil and U.S.A.), we couldn't resist showing you some pictures of our region by way of introduction. Besides, according to some of the ones taken in Bulgaria, forgive us for the low quality. Indeed, our digital camera was going through some technical problems at the time. However, we wish it wouldn't spoil your pleasure.
Moreover, just to add a tiny touch of exoticism, we devoted a chapter of the rubric «Our anecdotes» to Dom’s trip to Madagascar, even though this website is about the trips we have together.
Of course, you may ask us various questions or advices, give us your impressions, and why not your experiences, or even give us a few tips. Use the rubric « Contacts & exchanges ». You can also leave comments directly on the rubric you are visiting (as you give your names, first names or nicknames, make sure you only use alphanumeric characters with no accents, dieresis, punctuation etc…).
The groovy small logo above is our creation. We filed the patent and got many by-products supporting it manufactured (stickers, visiting cards, postal cards, mugs, pens, magnets, key rings, mousepads, streamers, beach bags, t-shirts…). According to the stickers, we stick them almost everywhere we go during our tours or trips, in spots that leave their mark on us one way or another, both in France and abroad, and also on rather unusual places, with photos in support that you can find in the rubric ««Enjoy the ride» Logos». (Besides, this one hides a funny chapter that we recommend you). We sometimes give one of them to people with whom we sympathize a furtive meeting time, asking them to stick it to the place they like the most, hoping to walk straight into it some day, even if chances are few. We also offer other by-products to those people provided they accept to be photographed with to promote our website (see the chapter « People we met » in the rubric ««Enjoy the ride» Logos»).
This logo and the three little words around are a philosophy of life: the planet, full of treasures and surprises, invites us to explore it and enjoy every moment of this exciting adventure. We travellers, small or big, are all connected. So, if you see a small map of the world winking at you on one of your trips, in the middle of a square, in a corner of a street or on a beach, you'll think of us !
The origin of this symbol is simple: before a website, « Enjoy the ride » is a novel. Dom is an amateur writer, and this artwork is inspired by the diary that we take on our trips. He added some fiction, and a tiny touch of fantastic and dreamlike. Some of the characters are fictitious, others are real. Also, we felt that the best way to explain the meaning of this logo was simply to show an excerpt of the novel where it appears for the first time:
(...)Then Tom noticed a sticker representing the planet Earth schematized with blue oceans and green continents on the violin case lying on the floor. It was joined with a smiley-face sending a wink. Around was written « Enjoy the ride ».
« I love this stuff! he said. What does it mean exactly?
- Oh, many things, answered Lori: you must take advantage of each trip, whether it is a short walk or a great journey. Life is movement, it's exploring, meeting, discovering. It is a tireless quest for happiness. Like you and your friends for example: make the most of your journey that begins. Make it unforgettable and share this joy with other people. Besides, life itself is a journey, so enjoy every moment of your life.
- « Life is a journey », repeated Chaz. I love!
- As for me, I love everything you just said, added Tom. A violinist and a philosopher. I am impressed.
- Thanks. You know, « ride » has many meanings. Hence the choice of this word.
- It is true, approved Irina. It can also mean a ride by motorcycle or on horseback. Even in surfing and bodyboarding: (...) the « ride » is the time you spend on the wave. And every time, you tell yourself to enjoy it because this is a huge moment, a unique sensation. It lasts a few seconds. It is both long and short. It is a philosophy, as a matter of fact: you share the life of a wave. You start your « ride » when it is formed, and you end it when it dies. A symbol! » (...)
NB - PATENTS FOR THE NOVEL « ENJOY THE RIDE » AND FOR THE LOGO HAVE BEEN FILED. ANY REPRODUCTION, EVEN PARTIAL, IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED AND LIABLE TO PROSECUTION.
Published on December, 1st 2012