WELCOME TO THE WEBSITE «ENJOY THE RIDE». PLEASE FORGIVE US IN ADVANCE IF YOU FIND ENGLISH MISTAKES. WE DID THE TRANSLATION ON OUR OWN TRYING THE BEST WE COULD, BUT WE ARE CONSCIOUS IT IS NOT PERFECT. HOWEVER, WE WISH YOU WOULD UNDERSTAND THE MAIN IDEAS.
«Enjoy the ride» is a website that tempts to travel. Whether it is a day trip or a trip of several days, discovering our world is a passion for us.
We are Dom and J.R. (nicknames), two people from the Arcachon Basin, France. There began our taste for travel and photography, and our desire to live our lives fully!!!
Desirous of sharing our experiences, memories and small anecdotes with you, we will discuss our travels through articles, comments and photos. Though this website is about our trips abroad, we could not resist showing you some pictures of our region by way of introduction.
Moreover, just to add a tiny touch of exoticism, we devoted a chapter of the rubric «Our anecdotes» to my trip to Madagascar, even though «Enjoy the ride» is about the trips we have together. Finally, a funny rubric is hidden in this website; it will surely delight old and young alike.
Of course, you may ask us various questions or advices, give us your impressions and share your experiences, or even give us some good tips as well. Use the rubric «Contacts & exchanges». You can also leave comments on the visitors’ book, or directly on the rubric you are visiting (as you give your names, first names or nicknames, make sure you only use alphanumeric characters with no accents, dieresis, punctuation etc.).
The groovy small logo above is our creation. We filed the patent and got many by-products supporting it manufactured (stickers, visiting cards, postal cards, mugs, pens, magnets, key rings, mouse-pads, streamers, beach bags, t-shirts…). We sometimes give some to people with whom we sympathize for a furtive meeting time, provided they accept to be photographed with to promote our website (click here). We also ask them to write a little note on our streamer with a permanent marker, with the date, the place and their signature. That promotes our website as well, and allows us to create links and to keep memories of those short-lived but always striking meetings.
According to stickers, we stick them during our rides or trips in spots that leave their mark on us one way or another, both in France and abroad, with photos in support that you can find in the rubric ««Enjoy the ride» Logos». We also give some of them to people we meet, asking them to stick it to the place they like the most, hoping to walk straight into it someday, even if chances are few.
This logo and the three little words around are a philosophy of life: the planet, full of treasures and surprises, invites us to explore it and enjoy every moment of this exciting adventure. We travellers, small or big, are all connected. So, if you see a small map of the world winking at you during one of your trips in the middle of a square, in a corner of a street or on a beach, you will think of us!
The origin of this symbol is quite simple: before being a website, «Enjoy the ride» was a novel. I am an amateur writer in my spare time, and this artwork is inspired by the diary that we take on our trips. I added some fiction, and a tiny touch of fantastic and dreamlike. Some of the characters are fictitious, others are real. So, we felt that the best way to explain the meaning of this logo was simply to show the excerpt of the novel where it appears for the first time:
(...) Then, Tom noticed a sticker representing the planet Earth schematized with blue oceans and green continents on the violin case lying on the floor. It was joined with a smiley-face sending a wink. Around was written «Enjoy the ride».
«I love this stuff! he said. What does it mean exactly?
- Oh, many things, answered Lori: you must take advantage of each trip, whether it is a short walk or a long journey. Life is movement; living is exploring, meeting, discovering. It is a tireless quest for happiness. That concerns you and your friends: make the most of your journey that begins. Make it unforgettable and share this joy with other people. Besides, life itself is a journey, so enjoy every moment of your life.
- «Life is a journey», repeated Chaz. I love!
- As for me, I love everything you just said, added Tom. You are both a violinist and a philosopher. I am impressed.
- Thanks. You know, «ride» has many meanings, hence the choice of this word.
- It is true, approved Irina. It can also mean a ride by motorcycle or on horseback. Even in surfing and body-boarding: (...) the ride is the time you spend on the wave. And every time, you tell yourself to enjoy it because this is a huge moment, a unique sensation. It lasts a few seconds. It is both long and short. It is a philosophy, as a matter of fact: you share the life of a wave. You start your ride when it is formed, and you end it when it dies. A symbol!» (...)
NB - PATENTS FOR THE NOVEL «ENJOY THE RIDE» AND FOR THE LOGO HAVE BEEN FILED. ANY REPRODUCTION, EVEN PARTIAL, IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED AND LIABLE TO PROSECUTION.
Published on December, 1st 2012